Replaced an older church located in S. Rocco
square. Patron saint of the town and the island. He was a Cypriot
Bishop and took part to the 1st Ecumenical Synod (325 BC).
Ownership of the Voulgari family. The initial stage was completed
in 1594. Distinctive feature: the tower-like belfry, square-shaped
with a tall body ending in a pierced section for the bells (reminds
of the S. Giorgio dei Greci belfry in Venice), built in 1590. The
church was restructured again in 1670. The ourania was painted by
P. Doxaras, 1724 - 1727. The marble iconostasis and the luxurious,
silver- plated shrine, containing the Saint's relic and constructed
in Vienna, date from the 19th cent.