IFTS ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY: HIGHER LEVEL SPECIALIST IN LAND AND ENVIRONMENT MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT WITH A SPECIAL FOCUS ON ENERGY SAVING AND SUSTAINABILITY
(one-year course – 1000 hours duration – starting date: November 30th, 2014)
Higher level specialists in land and environment monitoring and management:
• Are committed to soil conservation and protection of the atmosphere and the environment from pollution.
• Evaluate situations involving particular risk and propose first response measures aimed at containing such risk.
• Are aware of all the technological tools for managing local information systems (S.I.T.).
• Have a clear vision of applicable regulations and have a multi-disciplinary background with particular regard to agricultural, forest, physical, natural and geological sciences and to environmental engineering.
Main areas of specific expertise:
– Applicable regulations for soil conservation and land protection at European, National and Local level.
– Anthropic activities and elements of sustainable development.
– Environmental sustainability.
– Energy saving and renewable resources, pollution caused by physical agents, transformation of the physical environment.
– Elements of ecology of the environment.
– Environmental geology and hydrogeology.
– Environmental impact assessment and strategic assessment.
– Territorial geography by means of georeferencing systems.
– GIS-based data representation.
– Environmental restoration: treatment plants.
– The waste cycle.
– Quality certifications of production and environmental processes; policies and economic strategies for the environment and sustainable development.