ITS – Higher level specialist in management and control of power plants
(two-year course – 2000 hours duration – starting date: November 28th, 2014)
Higher level specialists in management and control of power plants:
- Analyse and manage production and/or transformation and distribution power plants.
- Are aware of the different plant types and know how to implement the appropriate actions in the case of malfunctions in the process.
- Plan and implement the management of the plant in operation and performs its maintenance and assesses its reliability.
- Conduct audits on the equipment and on the operation of the plants , with particular consideration to efficiency and energy saving.
- Analyse the energy performance of buildings and are able to carry out their energy assessment.
- Enforce the Community, national and regional regulations and technical legislation.
- Act as energy managers for both civil and industrial buildings.
Main areas of specific expertise:
- Energy systems
- Thermotechnical measurements
- Solar energy: solar photovoltaic and solar thermal systems
- Wind power, Biomasses and Geothermal Energy
- Efficiency and energy assessment of buildings
- Lighting technology and acoustics with a view to energy saving
- Automation and domotics with a view to energy saving